We paired up with @MealPlanAddict to create a delicious recipe using Edo’s Signature Teriyaki Sauce. Enjoy this delicious recipe, that has a healthy twist! Make sure to check out their other recipes at www.mealplanaddict.com
Ground chicken teriyaki lettuce wraps are a quick weeknight dinner when you use Edo Japan’s famous teriyaki sauce and then load those lettuce wraps up with rice and veggies for a big crunch and saucy dinner! Here’s a fresh and easy chicken teriyaki dinner that’s great for any day of the week! This is an ultra quick dinner, and it packs a ton of flavor, thanks to Edo Japan’s bottled teriyaki sauce!
Load up those toppings too – sliced carrots, edamame, and thinly sliced red pepper work well here, but feel free to add fresh herbs and even some fresh thinly sliced cucumber!
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Serving size: 2
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 bottle Edo Japan Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced in half, and inner core removed so you are left with lettuce cups.
- 1.5 cups rice (any rice you wish, works here)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced into sticks
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced into sticks
- 1 cup cooked edamame beans (not in the pod) check your grocery store’s frozen foods section for these.
- Prepare the rice as per the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, with medium high heat, cook your ground chicken until no longer pink.
- Add the bottle of Edo Japan Teriyaki sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the sauce is hot.
- Remove the teriyaki chicken from heat.
- Assemble your wraps by filling a lettuce cup with rice, then teriyaki chicken, followed by the veggie toppings.
- Enjoy right away or pack each component up separately and store in the fridge for no more than 4 days.
The cooked chicken and sauce can be frozen for future wraps. Allow to cool fully, transfer to freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Make it a meal prep recipe by storing the pre cut veggies (and lettuce), teriyaki chicken, and rice in 3 separate containers. Reheat the chicken and rice in the microwave and then assemble the wraps. Teriyaki chicken can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days max.